Photobucket

The All Important Introduction


Wednesday, August 02, 2006


In an age where anorexia and bulimia is the new black and slimming centres are packing 'em in, I thought it might be refreshing to celebrate food - the history, the cooking and of course, the consumption of it.

Some of us live to eat while others eat to live. I belong to the latter but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate food. I love every aspect of it. So does my husband. We eat for the sheer pleasure of it and are always on the look-out for new places and interesting cuisines to try.

At home I enjoy trying out different recipes. Most times, I'd experiment and invent something off the top of my head, hoping that it's palatable and I haven't inevitably poisoned my family.

I also love dressing up my food. Whenever we go to the finer establishments, I would make mental notes of the food presentation and replicate them at home. To me, a plate is a blank canvas and food is a medium to create a bit of art. Just to make things a bit more interesting. It's amazing what one can do with bits of leftover vegetables, fruit and herbs.

I started this blog for myself, my family and friends. While I might post recipes from time to time, the bulk of this blog is to entertain and look at food from a different point of view eg, the history, the different preparation, both the husband's and my gastronomic adventures and what not.

One note about posting recipes: I will only post recipes that are mine (ie, self-inventions ), have appeared on search engines or I've obtained permission to post them. If I don't post them, they probably originated from family and friends. Or I got it out of a book. If you would like those recipes, please email me.

Now, with that out of the way, let's get a move on, shall we?

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 9:28 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment