Photobucket

Home Leave


Sunday, November 09, 2008


If you recall, we went back to the Netherlands during the Golden Week Holiday in China. It was a much needed break for all of us and we now look forward to completing the other half of the posting in Beijing.

One of the things I enjoyed doing back home was visiting my regular supermarket. I tell you, I very almost got on my knees and kissed the front entrance. While traipsing in and out of the various aisles, every so often fondling the various bottles or packets, I felt my old cooking inspiration (quelled by the crazy prices and food scare in China) coming back. I wanted to buy and cook everything. And we haven't even got to the fresh produce, meats and poultry section yet!

I had to bite my knuckles and exercise self-control since we were only going to be home for ten days out of which we've already marked half for trips to our favourite restaurants.

Anyhow, I did rustle up a big fat juicy rib-eye for Hubs and some comfort food for myself. Sonny-boy had his beloved poffertjes (mini puffed pancakes), not pictured here because Mum's camera was no match for a hungry boy's fork.

Rib-eye steak with a bed of pan fried herbed potatoes and french beans.

Comfort food - Fresh spinach tagliatelle tossed in olive oil with black olives and sun-dried tomatoes.

And as luck would have it, I managed to buy some late season figs from the Turkish grocer, too.

Little bowl of heaven

So nice being home.

Labels: , ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 10:55 pm

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment