Photobucket

Going Chinese


Wednesday, February 28, 2007


I realise I haven't been posting about food lately and this is supposed to be a food blog. Shame on me!

The thing is, I haven't been really doing anything noteworthy culinary-wise because I've been busy with this and this, among other things.

However, at some point I made the following dishes for a Saturday dinner:

Sing Chow Fried Rice

Szechuan Sour and Spicy Soup

Crab and Lap Cheong Omelette

Gengdu Pai Kuat (Kyoto Spare Ribs)

The prep work took forever but it was well worth it in the end, especially the spare ribs. They were delicious! If the bones were edible, we would've chomped them up too, like the carnivores we are. *blush*

Funny thing about the ribs: The recipe was kindly supplied by K. However, the ingredients had no measurements and her instructions were about 2-3 sentences long. So I mixed and stirred, using a distant memory of having eaten the dish as a taste guide. At the same time, I also wrote down how much of everything I used. So, it was pour, mix, taste, pour again, taste again, okay, that's good, write. Once it went like this: pour, mix, taste, pour again, OOOPS, TOO MUCH!, add a counter balance, taste again, whew!, okay, write. I felt like a mad scientist. *snigger*

Thanks K, for your recipe, it is definitely a keeper. I will use it the next time I want to wow my in-laws during dinner or if I want to soften up the hubby.

Note: In an ideal world, my crab and lap cheong omelette should have shark's fin in it too. However, because I'm living on the wrong side of the pond, I had to do without and make believe that there were.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 2:20 pm

2 calories
Comments:
What a spread, Joyce, love them all! U ve put in great effort in cooking as well as in photography.

Thanks for sharing your lovely food pics.
 
Now I want those ribs too!!!!!
 
Post a Comment