Photobucket

Biometric Passports


Friday, August 10, 2007


Early this morning, we set off for the Singapore Embassy in Brussels to apply for our new biometric passports. Because we live so close to the border, the office in Brussels is nearer to the one in Rotterdam. Go figure.

When we arrived there, I presented the duly completed forms downloaded from the internet. The nice Belgian lady scanned through them and asked me rather incredulously in French accented English, "Did you drive all the way from Holland to here?" I nodded, whereupon she tells me I could've just sent the whole lot by post; that I only needed to collect the passports in person.

Eeeeearrrrghhh!!! *slaps forehead*

This is just so typical of the way things are done in Europe ie, the left hand does not talk to the right hand. Last week I called the embassy up to make sure I got the proceedings crystal clear. Please come in person, he said. So I do. Today I'm there only to be told I could have saved the one hour drive and done it by post instead.

Aiyah!!!

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 4:15 pm

2 calories
Comments:
Dutchess, is your boy Singaporean too?
 
Yes. He's got two passports at the moment but will need to pick one when he's 21.

No prizes for guessing which one.

Hint: He doesn't really remember Singapore at all.
 
Post a Comment