Photobucket

KitchenAid, Sort Of


Tuesday, August 07, 2007


I recently aquired a KitchenAid. Model number: ROBIN07. It's about 1.34m tall, comes with different speeds, kneads, stirs, mixes but does not always listen to instructions. Also questions your every move. Major drawback: does not come with a switch which you can turn off.

From time to time, my son expresses an interest in the kitchen so depending on what I'm cooking at the time, I will indulge him. After all, a man who cooks ups his stock ante with the girls. Last week, I gave him his first bao making lesson. I needed some mantou buns for the tau yew bak that was simmering away merrily on the stove. Besides, making mantou is foolproof.

Maybe it's the biased motherly pride in me speaking but the boy is quite a natural at kneading. At first I put my hands over his to give him a feel of the kneading process and then left him to it. He took to it like fish to water.


Next, I demonstrated how to fashion the semi-circle buns which we then placed into the steamer to cook.

After 15 minutes, I showed him the fruit of his labour:


"Mummy! They look like your lips!"

Oi!

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 6:17 pm

3 calories
Comments:
Bwahahahahaha...this post is too too funny, and yes, they do resemble lips. Lol.
 
Hey your boy's really tall (or mine's really short)! They measure the same and mine's nearly 11...
And mine's as lazy as they come, I wish him luck with the girls in the future.
 
chicchicbaby: Maybe next time I give them a lick of lipstick. LOL.

lotus: Thanks to Dad's gene, my boy's a string bean - tall and lanky. At school, if they line up according to height, he's in the last 3-4 rows.

Your boy is so handsome, he doesn't need to know how to cook to get the girls buzzing around him. :P
 
Post a Comment