Photobucket

Of Trash Cans, Nespresso And A Pasta Maker In A Pear Tree


Wednesday, January 23, 2008


Hubs is a monthly subscriber to the Nationale Postcode Loterij (National Postcode Lottery) and while we haven't hit the big Kahuna, we have, from time to time, won little items like tubs of Ben & Jerry's ice-cream. These are always welcomed in Cookalot.

Last month, Hubs received yet another prize - a 400 euro gift voucher for use at fonq, an online life-style store. We were like kids in a candy-store, utterly spoilt for choice. In the end, we picked a trash can, a pasta maker and a Nespresso machine.

A footnote about the trash can. I've been eyeing it for years now but the crazy price tag ( come on, for a refuse recepticle?) was a huge turn-off. Never mind if the design is retro, the colour red and the good people at Brabantia assures it will outlive you, I just could not bring myself to justify the purchase. At least not with my penchant for kicking the trash can in moments of anger and extreme emotion (it's funny how angelic looking kids can bring out the devil in one, especially if said kids are yours). We've already gone through three - trash can, not Sonny-boys - in five years, but you didn't hear that from me. Better the can than the boy, I always say.

Father-in-law has informed us the pasta-maker is now sitting in his house (we forwarded the loot to them) and the rest are on its way. Ack! I now want to run home to churn out pasta! Angel Hair! Tagliatele! Ravioli or lasagna sheets! Not to mention caressing my red Brabantia. As for the Nespresso machine, I already have a spot for it on the bar counter. Can't wait to see all the booty when we return for a visit during Christmas.

*****

As I'm being blocked from my own blog, this is how I'm going to reply to comments until I get around it or am in a country where they are a little less ridiculous restrictive.

Chicchicbaby: K, unfortunately...... NOPE! LOL.

Beau Lotus: S, it was precisely because Hubs saw the nifty gadget in your kitchen that we picked the Nespresso machine. As for the pasta machine, I've been scouting around for one. No space in that big kitchen of yours? LOL. I agree, Brabantia has loads of nice things. Did you finally buy anything from the sale? One more thing - how does one get into such private sales? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yup, still shopping away, whichever side of the pond I'm at. In my defense, I've been bargain hunting and with some sort of sale going on every which way you turn, they are practically pushing the merchandise in your hands. :P

Webmaster Brabantia: I have since edited the link. Thanks! And if the bin survives me and my temper, it'll survive anything.

Singairishgirl: D, I've missed reading your blog too. :(

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 10:49 pm

5 calories
Comments:
You should have re-directed them to my house first. What?? Overseas address not allowed?? Ack.
 
Now those were great buys! Welcome to Nespresso, fast and great coffee, I swear by it myself.

And I envy you and your pasta machine, Hub said we have no space for one plus living in Italy, it's easier to just go out and buy some.

Finally, I was just looking at the Brabantia bins myself 2 days ago on a private internet sale in France (half price) but I haven't conked out the current one, will have to leave it.

So you're having a good time in Beijing, I see, still shopping away :-).
 
Hi Dutchess,

Congratulations on winning in the Postcode loterij. I hope the new Brabantia Red Retro bin is solid enough for your handling :-)

The url you are using for the Brabantia website has changed. You can visit it here now

Kind regards,
Webmaster Brabantia
 
Miss you so much. :(
 
Oh yippee! How come you can read your own blog? Can you email? Oh gosh? Did you say you gonna be there for 1-1/2yrs?!!
 
Post a Comment