Photobucket

All I Want For Christmas Is...


Monday, December 10, 2007


... World Peace.

Bwahahahahaha.

This was precisely what a fellow member and friend wrote in reply to a thread of the same title in a parenting forum. We had a good giggle about it of course. No offence to past, present or hopeful beauty pagent winners out there.

My reply was simple: Nothing. I don't really want anything as Hubs had the gift giving department pretty much covered throughout the year. All I want is for him to be home during Christmas, which he will be.

In terms of presents, we don't really 'do' Christmas, Hubs and I. Of course we'll get each other nice things but the sentimental value or meaning isn't as strong as it is for birthdays or our anniversary. To us, Christmas is more of an excuse to put up the tree, decorate the house and have nice meals and family gatherings. We are not particulary religious although we've told Sonny-boy the real reason behind Christmas.

We do, however, make it a big event for Sonny-boy. This is one time in a year he gets to cash in his whatever-I-want ticket. Within reason of course. (I've since killed the PS3 and X-Box 360 or whatever it's called idea. We already have the Wii and PS3 has gotten lousy reviews. Besides, he's not really suffering with his PS2 or PSP. So.) Throughout the year, we are rather tight-fisted when it comes to presents, buying them only once every few weeks and even then, nothing flashy. Don't want the boy growing up with a false sense of entitlement and what not.

Add Christmas with his birthday falling on 20 Dec, you can understand why Sonny-boy loves this time of the year so much. He still has about two weeks to decide what he wants but at this time of writing, the Playmobil circus set seems to be winning. And because we are not parents to do things halfway, we are buying everything that comes in the circus range. It was the Playmobil airport and airplane set last year which cost us the price of an air ticket (albeit a budget one) for any destination around the continent. The saving grace is that he's played with it consistantly throughout the year so it's money well-spent. You can be sure I'm saving each and every single plastic component for any future grandchildren that may spring from Sonny-boy's loins. As with all the other Playmobil toys and sets.

As for the other man in my life, Hubs has been waxing lyrical about this and I plan on getting it for him. I did buy him the LG Shine for our anniversary earlier this year but it seems a man can never have too many of the latest gadgets just like a woman can never have too many shoes in her closet. The only apple I know is the one you eat or cook but Hubs says this is the bees' knees in phones right now so I'll just have to take his word for it.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 6:30 am

5 calories
Comments:
I love playmobil, and would you believe I still have those from my childhood? I haven't collected much for princess. She has a container full, but no sets, just characters. Like you said, it costs an arm and a leg, and not forgetting the space you need to keep them in.

As for the iphone, hubs did want to get me it, I think it's more for him than me. I don't care for any particular phone as long as I can send smses. However, I understand that you can't send/receive mms and you can't fwd anything too.
 
D, have you seen the Playmobil Victorian Dollhouse set? If I had a daughter, that thing would be sitting at home now. I am so in love with it. LOL.

Thanks for your feedback on the phone. Me, a phone should just be able to call someone or receive calls. Anything more is wasted on me. Would you believe it, my mobile phone contract ended months ago and I haven't been bothered to renew or get a new one.
 
No, I don't believe I have seen that Victorian set. I dare not look lah. Wait get tempted. Haha, try for a daughter lah. ;) Hehe, I know, I know, not very maternal. :P

My phone to me is so I can send msgs haha.
 
Me too phone only for calling and sending smses. Usually just go back to Singapore and recuperate the unwanted phones from my family. Back home they seem to change hand phones all the time though.

Hub just uses whatever phone he gets from the office. This year he wants a new rasor and I agree, Santa will get him one that doesn't make as much noise as the one he currently has.

And who's going to give Santa a gift?
 
D, no, no more kids.

S, how about the latest Braun electric shaver?
 
Post a Comment