Photobucket

His New Toy


Tuesday, November 11, 2008


Hubs had his birthday over the weekend. Two weeks prior to the day, I agonized over the gift. This year was especially hard. Short of buying him a Ferrari, how do I top last year's present?

Initially I had wanted to buy him 'a little something' from Tiffany's but I remembered he didn't care too much for them. Oh wait, I'm the one who has a warm spot the robin egg blue boxes. Oops.

But this is Beijing, China. One can find just about anything here. And I did. After thinking long and hard, I decided on a Bose Sounddock for his iPhone which incidentally fits the ipod as well. And guess what? He's been wanting to buy one too but got distracted with this instead. The red monster laptop is next to me as I type this and it's something fierce I tell you. And because Hubs took the one with all the frills, I can't help thinking there's a couple of Ferragamos in there too.


*****

That evening, we went to Mare, a trendy Spanish restaurant where one must make reservations or risk being turned away. Prices are rather steep but the menu and wine list is excellent so it's not too painful when the moment arrives. They also have an extensive list of tapas and the place is popular with foreigners as well as locals. I love the ambience. It's low key, stylish and romantic. The perfect restaurant if one is celebrating a special occasion or trying to impress a new girlfriend or convince an old one to marry you.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 8:57 pm

2 calories
Comments:
hAPPY bIRTHDAY to the Dutchman!

Goodness time does fly, doesn't it? Has it been a year since we (1st and) last saw each other?

Must say your Hub has expensive taste like you. Thank God mine's too busy to catch up with the trends...
 
Thanks S.

I can't believe it's been a year too. It's all going too fast.

When it comes to gadgets, yes, Hubs likes the greatest and lastest. I am not going to comment on myself. Heh.
 
Post a Comment