Photobucket

School's In


Monday, August 14, 2006



Today is the son's first day back at school.

Ahhhh..... bliss!

After 6 weeks of summer holidays, the both of us were quite glad for him to be back in school.

He's been so terribly excited for the last 2 weeks because today is when he starts Group 3. It's the equivalent of Primary One in primary school or First Grade in elementary school. In his own words,".... I have to work, Mummy, no more playing. They don't have toys in Group 3."

With that, we set off for our 15 minute walk to school. The weather couldn't be better. The air was a bit nippy (15 degrees C) but the sun was out so that wasn't too bad. The birds were chirping and everything smelled clean and fresh. What a good way to start the school year.

At school, after the kids settled in their new classrooms, the parents were allowed to mosey in and check things out. Even with the teacher's invitations, the parents were just milling about outside the door, not wanting to make the first move. I, having no patience for such nonsense, just went in.

The son's face lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw me. He was seated at the front, with his newly allocated stationery which he pointed out to me and I duly oohed and ahhed. We exchanged kisses and hugs and I wished him "Good luck, have fun!" Before leaving, I also gave him a high five and a thumbs up. We must've looked a bit weird but who cares?

I'm one proud and happy mama today.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 3:56 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment