Photobucket

Madeleines


Friday, October 13, 2006



I made these little nibbles of cake yesterday. They are called Madeleines and usually accompany that cup of tea or coffee. I just love its buttery and soft texture so it's really hard to stop at one.


There are a few variations to this tea cake. This particular recipe I used called for orange zest and orange liquer. As you can imagine, the aroma coming from the batter during mixing was something else.


I don't even know how many of these babies I made because my son and I were scoffing them down as soon as they came out of the oven. I think he had 10 pieces. That's saying something for someone who doesn't like cake. I asked him if they were good, and he replied with a mouth full of cake:" VERY good."

That's all I needed to hear.

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 3:52 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment