Photobucket

Macaroni & Cheese


Thursday, October 05, 2006


Today my son made a request for Macaroni & Cheese. I was only too happy to oblige since I had a new recipe I'd been meaning to try. What makes this stand out is not the simple execution of the recipe itself but rather, it came out of a cross-stitching magazine, namely; Cross Country Stitching.

I love it when my two hobbies meet.

As usual, I've tweaked the recipe to suit the size and taste of our family. This recipe serves 3 small eaters or 2 very hungry or greedy persons.

You need:
  • 250g elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
  • 300g of sharp cheddar, grated
  • 150g of packaged pizza cheese, grated
  • A bit of milk
  • Paprika (optional)
You do:
  1. Lightly grease a baking dish or bowl.
  2. Alternate layers of macaroni and cheddar cheese until ingredients are used up.
  3. Spread grated pizza cheese over the last layer.
  4. Pour a bit of milk, about 1/3 cup, all over mixture, sprinkle paprika if using.
  5. Bake in preheated oven at 180C until cheese is melted and lightly golden.
Serve hot as a side dish.

Lekker!

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 12:25 pm

6 calories
Comments:
Hi Joyce

Enjoy looking at the food you whipped up for your family. My daughter loves mac and cheese; going to try out this recipe - it looks simple enough.

Pizza cheese = mozarella cheese?
 
From one Joyce to another....hehe...

Thanks for dropping by - what a pleasant surprise!

Yes, pizza cheese is mozzarella cheese.

Enjoy!
 
Big Joyce to Small Joyce

Thanks for the swift reply. Have been checking on your blog since your 1st entry. Really a feast for my eyes as your photography skill is superb. Thanks and continue the good work! And thanks for sharing your tried and tested recipes!
 
Thanks for all your encouragement and positive feedback.

As you know, I don't normally post recipes here but if you see something that you might want to try out yourself, do let me know. I'm more than happy to give you the recipe.
 
Oooo .... macaroni & cheese ... 2 of my fav food items. Gonna try this recipe too. Thanks, J!
 
Agnes, do try this. It also keeps overnight in the fridge. Just zap it in the microwave before serving.
 
Post a Comment