Photobucket

Giving Thanks


Thursday, November 23, 2006



Today is Thanksgiving Day in America. While we don't 'do' that in Europe, I still like the idea of taking stock of what we have and being grateful.

Here's my list of 'thank-yous':
  1. For my husband who loves, trusts and respects me unconditionally. Who also supports me in all areas; be it issues concerning home and hearth, my hobbies, ideas (both crazy and sane) or an arm to cling on to for dear life when walking on ice covered pavements.
  2. My son, without whom I would never have realised I could scream that loudly or be that angry till I see all colours of the rainbow (with a few fireworks thrown in for good measure). And also without whom I would never have realised how sweet, tender and funny children can really be.
  3. For my parents who did a fantastic job of raising two girls. We both turned out rather well, I think.*ahem*
  4. For my inner circle of confidantes and friends, whom I can count with just one hand and who are just a phone call or email away.
  5. For being able to travel and live in different countries. It's been a childhood dream and I'm currently living it. There are some aspects of living overseas which borderline on nightmare but you can't have everything. Besides, it's all in the mind.
  6. For being able to be a full time stay at home mum and housewife. In this day and age of the double income family, it really is a luxury and I'm extremely grateful for it.
  7. For my hobbies which keep me sane and the credit card busy.
  8. For broadband and cable TV. And online stores. Just where would we be without these modern conveniences?
  9. For my mother-in-law. No, you read that correctly. *laughs* You hear all these horror stories but not so in my case. She treats me as an equal even though I'm younger than her youngest son. I have a mind of my own but she stays out of my business, whether she likes the way I do things or not. How's that?
  10. Lastly, I'm thankful for my health, my sense of humour even in the most trying of times and for the last 2 years of unbroken sleep at night.

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 3:45 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment