Photobucket

We Are Not So Different After All


Thursday, November 16, 2006


Last week, during one of my usual grocery rounds, I came across this at the chilled fresh foods section of the supermarket.

Wantonollis?

I had to do a double-take because I thought they were wantons (Chinese dumplings). Upon closer inspection, I saw that they were Perline, a type of Italian stuffed pasta. It's similar to ravioli or tortelleni and this one is stuffed with cheese.

Last night, I decided to make Bolognaise Sauce to go with it. It's probably not the 'right' way of doing things and 100% born and bred Italians are possibly laughing their canoli off at my combination but hey, it doesn't matter does it? It was palatable enough and no one spit it out last night. Or dared to.


However, I think I'll do some research to find out how Perline should be served. Meanwhile, I've got enough meat sauce leftover to make a small lasagna.

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 4:24 am

1 calories
Comments:
Hee, at first glance I thought it's wantons too - wantonollis, such a nice name.
 
Post a Comment