Photobucket

Come On In!


Tuesday, November 21, 2006



My husband's away for yet another business trip. In this instance, it's for 2 weeks. Meantime, I've opened up my secret asian kitchen. Today I went to the asian store in the town center to stock up. I came away with kang kong, chye sim, gu chai and pandan leaves and a whole bunch of other stuff which filled up 2 baskets. The owner was only too pleased of course and told me to take my time. The purchase of the day has to be both the preserved and salted duck's eggs. I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw them and grabbed half a dozen each. Whoo hoo!

So, for the next 2 weeks, it's going to be mee siam, claypot rice, prawn noodle soup, rojak, wanton noodles, hor fun, the likes. Not to mention kuehs and snacks too.

Yummy!

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 10:02 am

3 calories
Comments:
WOW, all the dishes you named are my fav! I can only drool over here... sad sad sad..
 
WOW, all the dishes you named are my fav! I can only drool over here... sad sad sad..
 
That's funny, I do that too, when hubby's on a business trip (like this week) I take the opportunity to whip up my favourite stuff (that he may not quite fancy). This evening I've started on the congee and I'm going to make alot of the smelly sambal stuff with the ikan bilis that he hates :-).
 
Post a Comment