Photobucket

Death By Cake


Thursday, March 01, 2007


Come on..... all you fellow bakers out there, tell me you haven't had one of them days like these in the kitchen?

Honey, I don't think we're having dessert tonight...

This photo is part of a series done by Daniela Edburg, a very talented photographer. The series, entitled "Drop Dead Gorgeous", can be viewed here. The site also includes an interview with Ms Edburg.

Be warned, the photos are not for the faint-hearted. No, they won't induce a cardiac arrest but they do mirror classic horror movie scenes. In that capacity, they might be disturbing for some. For me, it's a wonderful set of artistic interpretation of modern life. The photos are very well taken and I love the tongue-in-cheek treatment she's given to iconic brands and everyday products. Not to mention the vibrant colours and retro composition used. I'm not a professional art critique but I know what I like and these, I like. Very much. I shan't rave about them anymore, give the link a go and decide for yourself.

P.S. Ms Edburg has an official site where you can find out more about her and view other photos in her Drop Dead Gorgeous series not featured in the earlier link. The site takes a while to load though, so be patient - have a slice of cake while waiting. *wink*

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 12:24 pm

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment