Photobucket

The One About Anniversary Gifts


Friday, April 06, 2007


For our wedding anniversary this year, I got my husband a present he really, really, really liked and wanted. You know how it's like with men and buying presents for them. I would sooner scale Mount Everest with toothpicks wearing stilleto heels than figure out a present for my husband. You see, without sounding arrogant, he's got just about every toy and gadget imaginable. Well almost. I can't afford a Ferrari or Jaguar on my personal or housekeeping allowance.


So when he started raving about LG's latest 'Shine' mobile phone (as shown above), I saw the light. In more ways than one. That phone should be called 'Shiny' instead and come with a warning for the glare factor. Last Saturday, we went out and I bought one for him. He was over the moon to say the least and that made me glad too. I'm happy when he's happy.

Then my husband suggested he buys me an iPod in return. I was horrified. An iPod? An iPod??!!! I need an iPod like I need a third nipple. Bah!

I suppose he gathered from my expression that I wasn't too keen at the prospect of owning a small metallic box of micro chips or whatever an iPod is made of. He asked me what would I like and after some consideration, I said, "A pearl necklace and matching ear studs, please." When asking for something, it's most important to use the 'P' word, whether you've been married for 8 days, weeks or years.

So that's how we found ourselves trawling the jewellery shops in Maastricht this morning. We went to a few places and was almost on the verge of giving up until we came to this one jeweller. I don't know about you but with pearls, it's a case of either you like them or you don't. They must somehow stir something in you. Well, the pearls I've seen up to that point didn't do zilch for me. Not even the triple strand with the 1.5 carat diamond clasp in white gold. Well, it was a very nice piece but not exactly what I was looking for. Neither was the strand with pearls almost a centimeter in size - "H, I feel like Wilma Flintstone with this necklace,", I deadpanned.

Anyway, to keep an already long story short, this one jeweller had the goods - single strand South China Sea cultured pearls with a slight tinge of pink (I like those as opposed to the yellow or stark white ones) and - hurrah!- matching ear studs. In the same tone too. I'm going to pick it up next week after it's been restrung with clasp attached and all. As you can tell, I'm very excited and can't wait.

So much better than an iPod, don't you think?

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 12:28 pm

3 calories
Comments:
I totally agree with you. What does one do with an ipod? (and if you want one better get the one from Creative Tech - support S'pore industry)

Me too I'm not a gadget sort of gal. Still prefer juggling with a paper agenda and bits of post-its in it, for example.

Jewellery is forever. Gadgets go out of date faster than you can figure out how they work.
 
I'm a afraid...I'm the gadget lady...I'll go for a digital camera instead.
 
I have to say I'm with beau lotus on this one. Jewellery is forever. However, I wouldn't mind another digital camera either. *wink*
 
Post a Comment