Photobucket

Spring In My Garden


Wednesday, April 04, 2007


Depending on how you look at it, we are blessed or cursed with a generous backyard. Cursed because of the work involved. Blessed because it's really handy when you need to unleash your son so he can expend all that extra energy. Blessed because it's very private and still. In the summer, we pull out our deck chairs for tanning sessions, put up the inflatable pool for the boy and have picnics under the tree.

Ah, the tree....

I can always tell what season it is just by looking at it. For instance, it's blooming profusely now so I know it's spring. When it loses all of its petals to make way for leaves, I know it's summer and so on and so forth.

This was what the tree looked like last week in full bloom.


The flowers weren't the only thing growing. Our lawn was also getting unruly. On Sunday, my husband decided he had to manicure the edges as well as mow the grass. Now, you can't mow the grass with all those petals on the ground because it will wreck havoc on your mower. As a rule, I never do any gardening because it doesn't interest me and it's terrible for my back (I have a history of slipped disc). However, I felt bad about my husband having to do everything by himself so I offered to rake the petals and dead leaves. The dear man looked like he just struck the lottery. *haha*


So I raked. It took two short breaks, a bit of cursing at the wind who didn't help my cause by blowing even more petals down and an hour later, I made neat little piles all around the tree to be transferred into the bin. With that, I was done. My husband continued with the rest of the work.

The garden looked so tidy after he was through.

Until this morning.


This greeted me when I pulled up the shutters of the our bedroom window.

Ack! Them petals! Again!

Must all beautiful things be equally high maintenance?

However, after the initial dismay, I did appreciate how lovely everything was. Blessed, I tell you.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 2:25 pm

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment