Photobucket

My Other Passion


Tuesday, September 11, 2007




"Hi, it's me again! I thought I'd show you Dutchess is not all wok and no play. There's life beyond the perfect soufflé and melt-in-your-mouth carpaccio, don't you know. Introducing my other passion which keeps me away from the boring old vaccum cleaner: Cross-stitching.

The sharp eyed reader might exclaim: Hey! That's not stitching, that's knitting! Yes, I know. However, the kind people at Meez.com only had the knitting option. Besides, I have knitted scarves and sweaters so let's not quibble about a boring old detail, okay? Okay.

Where was I? Yes, as I was saying, this is my other great love apart from food and has been since I was a girlie of seven. I've tried all manner of needle or craft work but somehow, like a loyal, lovesick Japanese crane, seem to always find my way back to cross-stitching. Damn! My nails keep snagging into the yarn. Now I remember why I prefer stitching.

Well, tra-la for now!"


I've been thinking of shutting down my stitching blog and making the occasional crafty entry here instead. You see, stitching, unlike cooking, is not about (almost) instant gratification. It takes time, often because of the projects I undertake, a WHOLE lot of time. And it seems pointless to maintain a blog where I don't really post too often. Lekker! is still primarily a food blog of course but this time, I'll show you I'm as handy with the needle as I am with a spatula.

And I promise, it'll only be pictures of completed work or work in progress. I won't go into long dreary discussions such as two ply or three, linen is so much better, and what do you mean, you don't own a q-snap???!!! I have my fellow stitchaholics for that. *wink*

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 6:54 am

4 calories
Comments:
Dutchess, are you a paid member of Meez.com? Cos I can't seem to find all those "thingys" which you have?
 
No, I'm not! What a waste of money! What I did was use the referrel system ie, everytime a new member registers and enters your username as the referral, both you and referror earn 5 coinz. Hubs and Sonny-boy have meez accounts, thanks to me. I had to fake Sonny-boy's age though because he's not legal. We spent yesterday evening making up a Meez for him. He had fun I tell you. Maybe Junior 'wants' a Meez account too so that Mum can get coinz? LOL. Btws, I don't give account access to my son and I've made his account private. You never know all these weirdos lurking on the net for prey.
 
Yeah, post them here! I visited your cross stitching blog. You make some amazing stuff!
 
Francine, I will, I will!
 
Post a Comment