Photobucket

Plotting And Planning


Monday, September 10, 2007


Although we've only scratched the first week of September, I've been planning Hubs' birthday (which falls in November) for almost two months now. I honestly hate buying him gifts because he's already got the latest and greatest of every gadget he fancies. I do know of two more toys he would like to lay his hands on - a Ferrari and a Aston Martin db9 - but unless our printer has begun to miraculously churn out euros, it's one of those things filed under 'My Wishlist'.

I was so happy I aced our anniversary present with the LG Blinding Shine mobile phone in April earlier. It was something he liked and best of all, didn't have yet. I received a very nice present in return too so we were both happy.

Until my birthday in June.

Please note I say this with deep affection and am in no way ungrateful: That husband of mine had to buy me this and this. Mon dieu! How's a housewife going to top that? Oi.

This is not a competition about who buys what and how big it is. To pull a cliché, it's the thought that counts. However, we only celebrate anniversaries and birthdays and don't 'do' the rest of the other stuff, save Christmas which is more like tradition. The former occasions are the ones that hold any real meaning for the both of us so its important to do something special.

That's why I've been digging deep in my creativity department for the Mother of All Presents and I think I might just have it. I've been in cahoots with a girlfriend whose been very kind, pulling all manner of strings to help. I don't wish to say more but if it does come to fruition, I promise you'll have a blow by blow account.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 5:50 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment