Photobucket

Rosebud Madeleines And Tea


Friday, September 14, 2007



Yesterday I did a spot of baking.

I made some madeleines from a recipe found in the Nigella baking book Karen gave me for my birthday this year. With a name like "Rosebud Madeleines", how's a girl going to resist? Also, I always welcome a change when it comes to the nibbles accompanying my pots of tea, which comes up to about two daily, more during winter.

Verdict: These little dainty cakes turned out superb. The were dense, buttery and left a pleasant rose aftertaste. The only downside was the amount the recipe yielded. Nigella says I should pop about 48 of those babies out but I only managed a paltry 10. Perhaps it's the size of my molds? Mine's the supersized version while hers are of the midget variety? No matter, this is just a small glitch - I can always double the recipe in future.

Initially, I'd wanted to have the madeleines with my very last ball of blossoming tea but I remembered a bottle of dried rose buds sitting in my tea drawer so I popped a couple of them in the pot instead. Not just any pot, you understand. Being fanatical about my tea, I have pots for different kinds of teas and moods. Today, I chose the transparent one with the glass filter so that I could see the pretty rosebuds floating about while I pour my tea. Something to feed the eyes, while feeding the tummy.



Why go through all that trouble over a cup of tea, you ask? Well, the simple reason is because I like it. It makes me feel special, calm and above all, it relaxes me. Although I do occasionally use prepackaged teabags out of convenience, I prefer the loose leaf ones and get mine from specialty stores in the bigger cities. Like I keep reiterating, a girl's got to make her own fun, especially the stay at home mum kind of a girl. So I get my kicks out of dried leaves when I'm not frolicking with my shadow.....

Here are more photos from yesterday's afternoon tea.





Lekker!

Labels: , ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 3:53 am

10 calories
Comments:
You know, I'm going to dig out my book and tag it tonite. Your madeleines look great!
 
You must! And thanks for the book. I've got so many other recipes I've ear-marked. My next one is the Baklava Muffins.
 
Goodness they look so pretty and delicious, you're quite the dainty little lady, aren't you? LOL
Makes me feel like a bull in the china shop...
 
Lotus: I only look dainty. I'm as clumsy as they come. You should see me at That Time of The Month. Haha.
 
Hi
I love your glass teapot, my Hubby nearly bought one for me for my last birthday but at the last minute he change his mind and bought a big toaster!! very exciting, isnt it?:-) Anyway, love your blog, photos look great too.
X Matin
 
J, you deserve a Rockin Girl Blogger award.

http://preciousmoments66.blogspot.com/2007/09/wow-that-is-soooo-cool.html
 
Matin: Thanks for dropping by and for your kind comments. LOL @ the toaster. Men will do that won't they? Sometimes you need to spell it out for them: D-I-A-M-O-N-D. LOL.

Precious Moments: Ahhhhhhhh!!!! (((Hugs)))
 
hihi j! :)

I love all ur tea pots, cups, plates... EVERYTHING!! :) They're so beautiful... and i love ur write-ups too.. :)
 
Hi Grace! There you are! Long time no see. :)

Thanks. My husband thinks I have way too many crockery and cannot understand why I still want more. Men don't understand things like that.
 
haha, yea i agree too! My husband banned me from purchasing crockery already!! :(

Only women can understand ya? ;p
 
Post a Comment