Photobucket

Stranger Than Fiction #45768


Monday, June 02, 2008


I punched myself on the cheekbone yesterday. Just below my right eye.

And I can assure you, thanks to years of Taebo, I do not punch like a girl.

Ouch!

Double ouch when I saw the the slight bruising this morning. Thank the make-up gods for MAC and Yves St. Laurent concealers!

*****

I was trying to remove the plastic ring tab holder thingamajig from a new bottle of apple juice. Instead of cutting it with a pair of kitchen scissors like I normally do, I decided, out of laziness, to use brute force instead.

Well, I was a teensy weensy too brutal and the force sent my fist flying right into my face.

I howled. I cursed.

This naturally piqued the interest of an eight year old boy splayed out on the couch watching TV. Mothers do not use swear words.

Sonny-boy: What's wrong, mummy?
Me: Oww....! I punched myself in the face by accident, bloody hell! *and a few choice words*... tried to remove this damn plastic ring *more choice words*
Sonny-boy, looking confused but concerned: Is it painful?
Me: Yes!!!
Sonny-boy: Are you going to die?
Me: No!!!
Sonny-boy: Okay. Bye!

And off he runs, back to the telly.

Apparently, Jamie and Adam attempting to blow up a shack with a water heater is more compelling than an injured mum.

Nine months in the belly and all for nought.

Bah!

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 9:07 pm

3 calories
Comments:
OMG! This is really funny! Your sonny-boy is so matter-of-fact and practical.....
 
Oh dear, hope you're ok now, got apply zambuk or not??
 
Joyce: That boy of mine.... a little less pragmatism and a little more cooing would've been a better reaction. LOL.

chicchicbaby: I will go apply some tonight. It's still sore but the bruise is not as severe as yesterday.
 
Post a Comment