Photobucket

Baby It's Cold Outside - Stir Fried Pork Liver With Ginger


Wednesday, January 21, 2009


Stir Fried Pork Liver With Ginger

The Beijing winter is something fierce. All that strong north desert wind threatening to make Mary Poppins out of everyone. Winter is really dry too. It's wonderful when I'm airing out wet laundry, the moisture gets sucked out of individual fibers just like that. The flipside, however - there's always one, as sure as the sun will rise - is I'm itching and flaking where no woman should ever itch or flake. It's been taken care of by Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream and Eucerin's Extremely Dry Skin Treatment Lotion with 10% Urea. I must make mention of the fact that there is something rather disconcerting about applying pee on your skin, albeit the lab produced variety (at least I hope that's what Eucerin uses) but itchers and flakers can't be choosers. Whatever works.

Then there's the cold. The kind that cuts through your bones and refuses to budge. You want something akin to a hot water bottle down the hatch. The other evening, Stir Fried Pork Liver With Ginger was that hot water bottle. Along with the liver, I added in liberal amounts of ginger, fresh chilli and ground black pepper. For added aroma, I used sesame oil and chinese cooking wine. It was simply lekker.

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 8:10 pm

5 calories
Comments:
Now that's yummy, one of my favorite dishes.

If you run out of that cream, it could be an idea to piss on yourself. I would probably have done it.
 
I do have strong craving for pork liver from time to time. My mom makes this dish same as you did that I can grab one bowl or ven another half bowl (blushed) It is also very yummy to make porridge with pork liver.
 
beaulotus: You would!!! LOL

chumpman: Oh yes, I remember pork live porridge too. My mum usually cracks an egg into it before serving.

You are not alone, I cannot resist stir fried pork liver with ginger. I guess it's one of those childhood memory foods.
 
Wow, I will crack an egg too next time. Thanks for inspiration !
 
chumpman: You're welcome. Now you've got me going on pork liver porridge! Cracked egg and all.
 
Post a Comment