Photobucket

Homemade Shaslicks


Wednesday, October 04, 2006


I didn't have time to post this earlier on but this was what I prepared for Monday's dinner: Grilled Lamb Shaslicks. Apologies if the photo's not too clear, it's tricky business trying to snap and cook at the same time.

I bought chunks of mutton, marinated it with fresh herbs, spices and sweet Thai chilli sauce and let it sit overnight. The next day, just before grilling, I assembled the meat and vegetables on bamboo skewers. Simply out of this world (ahem, if I do say so myself) when eaten with tzaziki or garlic sauce.

As usual, I made one too many. No worries, though. I'm frying up some Thai Pinapple Rice tonight and the leftover shaslicks will be the perfect side dish for it.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 7:55 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment