Photobucket

C is for Cookie


Thursday, November 30, 2006


This year, I've decided that everyone will be getting hampers of baked goodies from me. Firstly, I'm tired of trudging around in cold, winter conditions, going from store to store, searching for the perfect gift. The family on my in-law side is pretty big so that's a lot of stores to cover. Just buying gifts for the kids alone will kill you. Also, I do not do well in crowds. They make me grumpy and I lose all charity and generosity. By then, I Just Want To Go Home. Not good when going Christmas shopping.

The other reason for this is to enable me to scratch my baking itch. My two men at home do not really enjoy cakes and cookies, well, only a very select few. So this festive season is the perfect opportunity to bake myself silly.

I've been compiling a list of new cookie recipes to try out. Today I tried a basic butter cookie one from Allrecipes. Click here for full recipe.


The cookies turned out better than expected. It had just the right balance of butter and sugar. Texture wise, it was light and slightly crispy. I think this makes a good base for frosting and decorating. I didn't do any today because this was strictly a taste test. I can't wait to try out the different ideas I have for decorating though.

One down, a couple more to go.

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 3:05 pm

3 calories
Comments:
Did you say buttery and crispy?? Wow, looks like I have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!!
 
me too, I am going to try this next week and attempt my first virgin frostings on cookies. Any idea what is a sugar cookie?
 
Precious Moments: Sugar cookies are decorated/frosted basic butter based cookies.
 
Post a Comment