Photobucket

Mee Siam


Thursday, November 23, 2006



I spent a good part of yesterday making Mee Siam, or rather, pounding the ingredients for the rempah. My arm threatened to fall out of its socket, my shoulder blade protesting away. I tried not to think of the food processor beckoning in the cellar - 'come on, go get it, you know you want to....' I didn't give in though, I was determined to go old school.

After the pounding which both ingredients and arm took, there was the matter of frying the rempah. It must be done carefully with just the right amount of oil seeping through. Mess that up and your final product won't make the grade.

Why can't I just be happy with a sandwich?

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 5:16 am

7 calories
Comments:
Haha Dutchess, hope you managed to put your arm back into the socket :). I bet your mee siam has made the grade, looks very good.
 
Thanks Angie! Yep, my arm is back where it's supposed to be. I don't know how the Nyonya women can do this day in and day out back then.

The Mee Siam was satisfying. *burp* Round 2 tonight :)
 
Mee Siam is one of my fav local food. Joyce, yours look so delish.
 
Thanks cranberry. I would like to exchange one bowl of mee siam for some of your steamed crabs please. LOL.
 
Wow! The mee siam looks really good! :) All ur hard work paid off ya? :)
 
aiyo, you really have a spicy taste. looks darn shiok leh.
 
sure joyce, mee siam in exchange for crabs!
 
Post a Comment