Photobucket

The Best Laid Plans...


Tuesday, December 19, 2006


... don't always go the way you want them to.

I've had to shelve all my baking plans, save for the cake for next week's party. My son's been sick (thank goodness he's better now) and as a result, I'm stressed and have lost my baking mojo. I don't know about you, but I need to be in a good mood to bake or else my bakes will flop, no matter if I've done the recipe a million times. It's as if my sponge cake absorbs all my bad aura.

Besides, I'm so exhausted now I can't tell a spatula from a whisk so I'm not even going to try. Luckily there are still enough shopping days left this week.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 2:20 pm

3 calories
Comments:
oh dear! speedy recovery to Robin. And hopefully you find back your mood in time for Christmas bake.
 
Thanks Edith! But right now, the confectionery and the stores are my best friends.

He's better now, save for the stubborn runny nose that won't budge because of the winter climate.

Next year I will bake, I promise....!
 
Oh dear, hope he'll recover soon. You take care too!
 
Post a Comment