Photobucket

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Monday, January 15, 2007



For some inexplicable reason, I woke up at 7.30am on Sunday and couldn't get back to sleep. So I lazed around in bed, watching my husband sleep and listening to his gentle snores. By 8am, I got fidgety and decided to start the day. My son heard me fussing in the bathroom going about my toilette and awoke too. By 8.45am, I was showered, dressed and made up.

I plonk my still pyjama-ed son (it was afterall a Sunday) in front of the television with some chocolate milk, then contemplated what to do next. I finally decided I would make some cookies since I haven't done any in a while. I fished out my oatmeal raisin cookie recipe and trooped down to the cellar to collect my baking equipment and ingredients.

Within 30 minutes, I had the first batch in the oven. Lovely aromas of butter and spices wafted through the kitchen and into the living room. Perfect way to start a lazy Sunday.

Here's the recipe:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

You need:

1 1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cup oats
1 cup rasins

How to:

1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.

2. Beat butter and sugars until fluffy.

3. Beat in egg and vanilla.

4. Add flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Mix well.

5. Stir in oats and raisins.

6. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets and bake for 10 - 11 minutes.

7. Remove and cool on wire racks.

Note:
- I love raisins so I added 3/4 cup extra of the wonderful buggers.
- I used a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon to get smaller cookies.

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 1:40 pm

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment