Photobucket

A New Chapter


Wednesday, December 20, 2006


His Royal Highness, circa 5 months


Today my son turns 7 and I close the chapter of his early childhood. On the one hand I'm relieved and happy - all of us made it through, on the other hand, I'm sad because the 'baby' years are well and truly gone. My son's growing up.

I'm glad I chose to be a stay at home mom and was there for all the major milestones in his development. These memories are very precious to me.

And now it's time to look ahead to the next chapter. His needs are going to be different but I'm sure we'll all manage together.

*************************************

This year's party was fun, albeit slightly nerve-racking. You see, my husband and I have been spoilt by only having one child to deal with and to suddenly have 6 other extremely boisterious kids to manage was erm, rather challenging (I'm trying to be politcally correct here).

Thank goodness for grandmothers! My mother in law, who raised 4 boys on her own, was a godsend.

So after the cake cutting and present opening at our place, we rounded off the kids into 2 cars because the main party event was a visit to an indoor amusement park. The place is huge - the poster boasted over 100 000 sq m of rides and attractions. Perfect for 7 kids to expel all that energy! There were carousels, bumper cars, aircushion castles, trampolines and water rides etc. It was all fun.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 3:21 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment