Photobucket

Hell's Bells


Tuesday, September 18, 2007


A local TV channel aired a new season (for us over here anyways) of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen last week. Hubs and I thoroughly enjoyed the previous run. Each week I would be in culinary heaven watching the devil himself give hell to aspiring chefs. And now it starts all over again. *swoon*

The other programme which we enjoy, also from the same said devil, is Kitchen Nightmares. Except now he comes in the from of an angel, giving help to restaurants in need of a boost.

As usual, the shows come with a huge dose of Gordy's trademark profanity. Sonny-boy watches it with us and hears everything: bollocks, shit, f*** and all. I don't stop him from listening to such words, they learn more than just reading and counting in school nowadays. The way I see it, it's better to let him know these words exist, that they are bad and if I hear the f-word coming out of you young man, you are going to get chilli powder rubbed in your mouth. And don't test me, you know I will.

So far it's worked. No cussing from him. Yet. I do allow him a swear word though - shit or in a more polite form: ships. I mean, a boy's got to let out steam too, you know.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 4:37 am

6 calories
Comments:
But I get very stressed watching him getting frustrated. Lol.
 
I feel very sorry for the contestants some times even though they know what they signed up for - I would probably stab him with my knife if I had to endure such verbal abuse.
 
Me no (cable) TV to watch which is just as well.
Though it doesn't stop Eldest Son from picking up inappropriate words/sentences and passing them on to his siblings especially Baby Boy. Sometimes I cringe when I hear the words that come out of the Baby's mouth.
I subscribe to the school that says that it's better for them to know what those words are, though I've failed to stop them from being used. The cane, threats and other punishment work for a short while and then the boys especially talk among themselves at home or in school and it's fun for them to show that they know such words and...
Aargh.
 
That's why I said 'yet'. I know it will happen at some point in time but for the moment, all is under control. Also, we have some sort of agreement - he can say 'shit' instead of 'f***'. And the weird thing is, the moment he knows he can say 'shit', the appeal of swearing is suddenly lost.
 
Oh hi Duchess, got led to your blog through beau lotus's blog. I was nodding my head in agreement when you said about rubbing chilli into sonny's mouth. Omg, I use that on my girl too. Haha. And I promised her I'd do it.
 
singairishgirl: You too huh? LOL.
 
Post a Comment