Photobucket

Flavour Of The Moment


Thursday, October 18, 2007



Pureed dried chilli - my favourite condiment of the moment, a little something which I discovered not long ago at the Turkish grocer.


It sets the tongue on fire, yes, even my jaded nonya one which is all but chilli proof. It has a lovely deep roasted flavour and puts an immediate zing to any dish which calls for chilli paste. On the other hand, you can also do what I do, use it as a dip and eat it neat with your meals. Just make sure you've got a tall glass of iced water by you too. You know, just in case.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 4:16 pm

2 calories
Comments:
Used to cook everything with Harissa when I first arrived in Paris more than a decade ago. The Northern Africans brought that with them and so it's quite a staple in the country and a must when you eat a couscous. However, I still prefer the sweeter Malay sambal.
 
I had no idea - thanks for the info. We don't stop learning until we're six feet under don't we?

I don't have a preference when it comes to chilli, I like 'em all.
 
Post a Comment