Photobucket

Last Night's Dinner


Wednesday, October 10, 2007



This is a variation of the salmon meal we had recently. As the tarragon hollandaise and bearnaise sauce are almost kissing cousins in terms of taste, I thought it would work wonderfully well if I substituted the fish for a steak filet. The vegetables remained the same partly because I'm still trying to perfect my witloaf cooking technique. I swear we are going to have witloafs spilling out of our ears by the time I'm satisfied with myself or the season is through - whichever comes first. And much as I like to try new things, some places are a no-go area. Like the Domain of the Bearnaise Sauce for instance. I leave it up to The Masters while I stick to my taste-alike version. How difficult is it? Well, chefs taking a cue from overpaid supermodels, won't give it up for less than two persons at restaurants. It's an extremely time consuming sauce which takes a certain level of skill to make. And if done properly......

Enough said.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 9:13 am

6 calories
Comments:
Sorry, but allow me to remind you that time is of essence, kueh lapis should be spilling out of your ears instead of witloaf...LOL
 
S, I'm on it! I'm on it!
 
Hahaha, so funny you two. Do you make great lapis? Curiosity - you guys know each other in real life?
 
Hi, don't have to publish this. I have an award for you, but I didn't put a link to ur blog. I don't know if you'd like too many visitors. haha.
 
Oh btw, your salmon meal is a work of art. ;)
 
S, you might want to know I do have lapis spilling out of my ears. I think I can do it in my sleep now. I hope it passes your taste test though. :P

singairishgirl: I can make lapis but whether it's great or not.... it depends on the person eating it. LOL. We don't know each other in real life but we hope to rectify the problem this weekend. LOL.
 
Post a Comment