Photobucket

Scissor Keep


Wednesday, October 17, 2007



A little stitchy talk now.

Just as every cook need good appliances to help him or her along, so does your average crafter or needleworker. More so if they are as fanatical as yours truly. I've got just about every gadget known (give and take a few) in cross-stitchdom and still counting. I wonder if I should be saying this here - don't want the Hubby to have concrete proof on where the money really goes to each month.

One of my prized possessions in my work basket is the Gingher embroidery scissors. The average Gingher scissors cost a pretty penny. Last year, I bought a modestly priced one because I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. Right after the first snip, I became an instant convert and am now lusting after some of their fancypants printed ones which I hope to make mine someday.

The other gadget to have is a scissor keep. It's this thing, be it a charm, tassle or little stuffed cushion (cross-stitched or embroidered of course), that you attach to the handle of your scissors. Asthetics aside - it's always nice to surround yourself with beautiful things while creating something lovely - it serves a practical purpose. Most embroidery scissors are small and sharp. As such, they easily dissappear into the recesses of cushions, couches and what not. You want to be able to spot your scissors rightaway and not find them the painful way ie, via your nether regions.

I got tired of my current keep and decided to do something about it last Thursday. I found these decorative little shoes at a store and pounced on them. Using the Rococo era as inspiration, I put together some beads and threw in a ribbon for good measure as well.

I love it, love it, love it.

Note: Please click at thumbnails for a better view

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 4:13 am

3 calories
Comments:
I love it too, how *hiak hiak*
 
K, go check your mailbox *wink wink hiak hiak*
 
wow, lovely... so you. ;)
 
Post a Comment