Photobucket

Anniversary Date - Part Two


Thursday, April 10, 2008



Dinner time!

As mentioned earlier, we capped off our anniversary tour with a Japanese teppanyaki meal. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the restaurant now. What I do remember, was the first time we went there. One of the entrance wall was plastered with awards and accolades from here to the Netherlands (well, we can't say China, can we, seeing as how we're here) and we wondered if we had to pay awarding-winning prices as well. We didn't and they really did merit all those certificates. The food was indeed lekker.

Anyhow, for the evening...

... we started with Egg Custard and Caviar.

And not unlike the Kinder Egg, it held a surprise as well - pan-fried Goose Liver.

Sashimi. The chef was not shy with portions, something raw fish loving Hubs and I appreciated.

Squid Salad served on Sea Shell from the starter/salad buffet table. Yes, you can take as many as you want. I had double. *blush* And there were other delectable nibblies too.

Chef at work. For tonight, we ordered platters of steaks and lamb. Being curious...

...we also ordered the ridiculously over-priced Snow Dragon Steak. Curiosity doesn't just kill a cat, it bleeds the wallet too. But in all fairness, it was superb. The little slivers of meat was so soft and tender, one doesn't need teeth for this.

WHOOOOSH!!! Just not ours though. Our big fire show came when I was busy gnawing at my rib-eye steak. Sonny-boy was most impressed and gave a little ovation. This pleased the chef to no end. Perhaps that was why he received extra lamb meat while mum and dad were stuck with the fatty bits.

House Maki which consists of bananas and 3 kinds of radish. It looks weird and sounds even worse. I almost didn't want to try it but I thought, what the hey, I'll spit it out if it's awful. It was so 'awful' I polished the whole plate off by myself. And just for that, I skipped dessert. I had to. You get to a point in your life when you can't have your cake and eat it too. Not when it threatens to go near further than your hips and thighs.

And that was how we spent our anniversary.

Labels: , ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 1:19 am

1 calories
Comments:
It's always great to hear of a long standing marriage, especially when it belongs to a friend. :)
 
Post a Comment