Photobucket

Crochet


Wednesday, April 16, 2008



I've been dividing my time between cross-stitching and crocheting of late. I stitch in the day when there's loads of natural light and crochet nocturnally, reason being I left my stitching lamp at home and there's no reason to blind oneself for one's hobby.

Here are some projects I completed in the last couple of months, starting with the most recent to before Christmas last year:

A shoulder warmer. The original pattern had long sleeves but I thought it looked better shorter.

Flimsy and delicate, it's perfect for summer. I now need another in black.

Almost twisted my neck for this back view shot. The two men were not very helpful at all.

Yet another shoulder warmer. This is made with bamboo yarn bought from Singapore with K on one of our girlie stash enhancing trips to Spotlight and Golden Dragon (craft stores). It's in Tiffany blue and is super soft and warm. I am currently working on a deep red one.

This shawl was an interesting project. It's a very simple filet design but what made it pop was...

... lace attached at the edges. You can't see it from the photo but the yarn is slightly glittery for that extra glam

This is something I designed myself, combining the techniques of crocheting and knitting. I had to count and recount, not to mention trying out various hooks and needles to get the stitch size right. Again, I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Here is Illsa doing the honours. I miss Illsa. When we return, I must remember to paint her eyes in again.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 10:00 pm

6 calories
Comments:
Oh I love everything!! Am I getting any?? Hehe
 
The first is gorgeous..
 
Hi,

Your baby blue cardigan looks so cute on you.

Do you mind sharing with us where we are able to obtain the crotchet pattern?

Audrey
 
Hey J, gorgeous knits. :)
 
The first shoulder warmer is beautiful. I wish I were more crafty. I also like your top - the brown with white polka dots.
 
Hey everyone! Thanks for your compliments.

I've just finished the deep red shoulder warmer I mentioned in this entry. I will put up a photo of it and the book from where the pattern is from soon.
 
Post a Comment