Photobucket

Laksa


Tuesday, April 15, 2008


Eversince our visit to Singapore in February, Hubs has been hankering for some home-made nyonya laksa. I decided to put him out of his misery last night with a packet of laksa spice paste from Asian Home Gourmet. Ideally, I would have liked to make the rempah (spice paste) from scratch but some of the crucial ingredients are not available here or I haven't looked hard enough. Why didn't I bring some belachan back from Singapore when I had the chance? Because you were distracted by the pretty summer dresses and shoes, that's why. Oh yeah, right.

Extras like chicken stock and a handful of dried shrimps made the pre-packed spice paste a respectable enough substitute and it didn't look or taste half bad.

At around 7pm, Hubs called to ask if I've made dinner. Yes, I did. And laksa at that. I got an appreciative whooo followed by a tentative (because I'm pre-menstrual at the moment) hey, I've got a business dinner tonight... I could almost hear the man brace himself for impending doom.

Of course it's alright, I cooed. I'll just stick the pot in the fridge and keep it for tommorrow. I wasn't annoyed at all - in fact you might say I was relieved. You see, the truth of the matter was, I had a belly dance class at 6pm and was more than happy to have the evening's dinner sorted out without me rushing away like a woman possessed.

Labels: , ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 11:49 pm

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment