Photobucket

Kimchi And Tofu


Wednesday, April 30, 2008


On days when I work out (I also add in some form of cardio on top of yoga and Pilates), I make sure my lunch is a wee bit more substantial than my usual grazing of fruit, cereal, sandwiches or salads. While I want the meal to cope with my increased need of energy, I don't want any unneccessary calories if I can help it.

Enter this one dish meal which I learnt while dining at a Korean restaurant here: Kimchi and Tofu. All you need to do is cut a package of chilled tofu into thick slices and cover it with heated servings of kimchi. Yes, that's all there is to it. Serve with piping hot steamed rice and voila, a low-fat, high protein meal in under five minutes. For variation, one can stir-fry seasoned wafer thin slices of beef with the kimchi before placing it on the tofu. It is imperative the tofu be chilled as the clash between hot and cold creates quite a sensation in the mouth.

Labels: , ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 9:41 am

2 calories
Comments:
Wow thanks! Another quick, easy, yummy & most importantly low fat lunch for me!
 
Hi Mandy! This dish is perfect for you, a working mum short on time.
 
Post a Comment