Photobucket

Not Your Average Granny Square Top


Tuesday, August 12, 2008



This crochet top, well, I'm especially proud of because I designed it myself. I didn't design the granny square per se, that I took from a magazine. With that, I worked out the motif arrangement, joining stitches and detailing for the neck, hem and drawstring sleeves. I think it turned out rather pretty, even for a first time attempt.




Just for the curious, it took ninety of them squares to make up the top. I wanted to pull my hair out at square number 50 but curiosity to see if my design would work kept me going. That and the latest season of The Unit on DVD.

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 11:10 pm

4 calories
Comments:
Very pretty! you ARE good at this.
 
Thanks Rachel!
 
Sigh another beauty...

When are you going to crochet, knit or sew me something ah? (very thick skin but that's the way it is)

My birthday is coming up if it helps :-)
 
Be careful what you wish for! LOL
 
Post a Comment