Photobucket

Old MacDonald Had a Farm...


Sunday, September 10, 2006


Today was so warm and sunny; lovely after a long spell of relentless, chilly rain; we just had to spend it outdoors. It would be such a shame not to. So we pulled out our bikes and went for a ride around the countryside. Our destination: lunch at a converted farmhouse serving local cuisine.

It was a 45 minute ride one way and I'll let the photos do the talking:

As you know, cycling is the national pastime in this country. There are bike paths on the main roads as well as scenic biking routes in/along the farm land or countryside making it a pleasant way to spend the day.

By the time we reached the farmhouse, we were more than ready to eat. I was so hungry, I wanted everything on the menu.

Top left: Mine - Baguette with baked ham, pineapple and melted cheese.

Top right: My son's - Pancake with ice cream and whipped cream.

Bottom left: My husband's - Bacon and egg omelette served with bread and apple syrup.

Lekker!

There are no photos of the cafe itself because it was packed and I didn't think the other patrons would appreciate their photos being taken, even by accident. As it was, I already felt like such a tourist snapping away at our food. "No one touches their plate until I've taken a photo!!!" I yelped the minute the waiter left our table. My husband, ever so sporting, turns his plate around for a better shot while my son goes,"Mummy, can I take one of you eating?"

I love my 2 men.

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 3:06 pm

1 calories
Comments:
beautiful shots.. i so love farmhouse and country shots
 
Post a Comment