Photobucket

Shut Down


Saturday, September 23, 2006


This morning, I was in such a sour disposition. Milk could curdle and bean curd would ferment with just a glance from me.

I was already cranky on Friday. It wasn't any particular incident that set me off - more like a culmination of things. In a nutshell, I was burnt out, physically and mentally. I get like that every couple of months. This time, it didn't help that His Royal Highness (son, not the husband) has been getting too mouthy and sassy with me all week, earning him regular visits to the 'Naughty Corner' and even taking away his PSP game priviledges.

Anyway, after arriving home and unpacking the groceries, my husband gave me marching orders to take a nap. His exact words were:"Go straight up to bed now, young lady. You need it." I protested, citing things to be done. He would have none of it so into bed I went. And I was out in a flash.

Halfway though, I was roused by the sounds of laughter, shouts and a 6 year old peddling his go-kart in a most noisy manner. The two men were goofing about in the patio. The noise floated through the bedroom windows which over look the area, making it impossible for me to sleep.

So I did a terribly unladylike thing.

"OYYYYY!!!!"

Silence followed by stifled giggles and much shushing from the two partners in crime.

That was the last thing I heard before falling back into my beauty sleep and didn't wake up until some 3 hours later.

My husband was right, of course. The nap did wonders and the world looks wonderful again.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 5:04 pm

2 calories
Comments:
Lucky you to hv such a hubby. But I'm lucky too cos my ds is independent enuf to let me sleep till 12noon. Of cos, the Empress Dowager was ard to man the fort. Kekekekek!!!!
 
I think it was for himself too.Haha.I'm quite impossible to be with when cranky.
 
Post a Comment