Photobucket

Sweet Potato Soup


Wednesday, November 01, 2006




With the weather getting colder, I'm always hungry upon returning home from being outdoors. I have this need to stuff my face with whatever that's close at hand. This is of course a dangerous practice. You know what they say - a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.

So bearing this in mind, I've stocked up on fruit, low fat crackers and biscuits ( just like squirrels do before the Big Winter Hibernation) I also have the odd bag of chips and sweets. The key word here is control, not deprivation.

I've also started to make more comfort food in the form of soupy desserts and snacks. Like this for instance, Sweet Potato Soup. I've added some longans and extra ginger for that extra bite. So lekker to tuck into a steaming hot bowl after spending time out in the biting wind.

Labels: , ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 7:20 am

2 calories
Comments:
Hello Dutchess, this dessert soup is a comfort soup for me as well, truly warming! :)
 
Hi Angie, sweet potatoes are not available all the time so when I see them, I pounce!
 
Post a Comment