Photobucket

Because We're That Kind of Couple.


Friday, October 20, 2006


Whenever I'm working on something that calls for exotic Chinese ingredients, my husband, if he happens to be home, will take one look and make a jibe about me and my voodoo witchcraft.*heh*

I suppose unless one has grown up with ingredients like white/black fungus, wolf's eye berry, lohan guo, gingseng and a whole bunch of other mysterious dried herbs and fruit, one might get a culture shock when viewing it for the first time. As in the case of my husband. Most times he just goes," What the heck is that?"

Anyway, I give as good as I get. *evil glint*

Last weekend, as I was brewing something to ease my throat, a concoction of luohan guo, crysanthamun flowers and honey, who should waltz by but my dear husband. I started to wave and wiggle my fingers over the pot while chanting some gibbery goop as if casting a spell. He caught on immediately and we both laughed. All this done in good fun, with no trace of malice at all.

Because that's the kind of couple we are.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 1:01 pm

2 calories
Comments:
wow! I love ur blogs,yep both ur blogs! I'm so amazed at ur write-ups, the way u write about life, food & sewing. Very interesting! Must learn from u, will visit often ya? :)

Good job! Keep it up, c u here again! :)
 
Gracio: I'm BLUSHING!!! Big time! Thank you so much. I've sent you an email on your blog.
 
Post a Comment