Photobucket

Cutie Pies


Thursday, October 19, 2006


From left to right: Do, Re and Bite-Me.

Introducing "The Bow-Wows", a hot new trio of musical dogs fresh out of the oven. They sing, they howl, they do a mean doggy jive. Heck, they even taste good! The almost melt-in-your-mouth exterior hides a belly full of surprise: a runny chocolatey filling. Throw in the 100% cuteness overload and I ask you, what more does one need in a cookie?


Aren't these funny? My son was running through the whole gamut of puppy dog sounds ranging from pitiful whines to all out barks while eating these. For some reason, they remind me of one of his favourite cartoon shows - 2 Stupid Dogs, pictured below:


This recipe first appeared on a Singaporean newspaper, The Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago. It was brought to my attention from some of the members of a parenting forum I'm in. At that time, most of the avid bakers were struck by Canine Fever. Everyone wanted a go at it. Even me. However, I'd been busy with other stuff and had to keep it on the back burner. Until today - I finally got round to it. I thought it'd take forever to make them up but no, I was done in an hour. Not inclusive of baking time, of course. Here's the recipe online.

Doggy Note: For the filling, I substituted chocolate chips with coarsely chopped milk chocolate which I pilfered from my husband's stash in the cellar. *evil cackle* This upped the taste ante, not to mention the sin factor. But hey, if you're going to be naughty, it might as well be with real chocolate. I also used my own chocolate rice and balls for the eyes and nose respectively. The ears were made of KoKo Crunch as per recipe.

Wuff Wuff!

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 1:41 pm

2 calories
Comments:
you done it so nicely. and love your write up too.
 
Thanks Edith! I love writing, keeps my creaking brain going.
 
Post a Comment