Photobucket

Verjaardag!


Wednesday, November 08, 2006


It's my husband's birthday today.

Except that as I'm typing this, he's a couple of thousand miles away on a British Airways flight. On business.

This is the first time he's not home for his birthday. Usually he'll take the day off but this particular trip was not something he could reschedule.

Ah well.

No matter, because we had a small impromptu celerbration of sorts the previous night. I had a birthday present ready and dinner would be his favourite white asparagus with Hollandaise sauce. Asparagus is waaaay out of season now but I managed to scrounge a pack.

This is what I got for the hubby:


A Spiderman lunch tin.

If you've known me long enough, you'd know I have a humourous streak in me. I couldn't decide on any one thing to buy for my husband so I made a collection of his favourite things. I didn't want to use the usual wrapping paper, hence the lunch tin. It contained the following booty: a robin red cashmere scarf, a neck-tie from Kenzo, a big, fat "Churchill" cigar from Davidoff and a box of gourmet chocolates from a chocolatier in Maastricht.

Speaking of chocolates, I was floored by the vast selection found in the chocolate boutique. I couldn't for the life of me decide which ones to pick. In the end, I pointed to an empty gift box and told the assistant to please take one each of all the milks and whites, no darks and fill 'er up. There, problem solved!

My husband couldn't stop laughing at the lunch tin. He thought it was hilarious. When he opened it up, it was such fun to see the joy on his face.

He's taken the scarf and tie with him on this trip. There's still half a box of uneaten chocolates in the fridge with strict instructions for me to "finish it when I'm away" (Sir! Yes, SIR! With pleasure, sir! *snigger*)

As for the cigar, it's being saved till month end or the beginning of December when my husband is home and we can all go to a swanky place for dinner. You know, the type of place where there's enough cutlery for 3 people in each individual place setting and more glasses than you know what to do with.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 11:07 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment