Photobucket

Brain Food


Friday, November 10, 2006



My Amazon.co.uk order arrived today. I'm so pleased! I now have to something to read again before I sleep. As you can tell from the two books, I'm a bit of a history buff.

I'm going to start on the 'Band of Brothers' first. Last weekend, I rented the entire DVD set and over the span of 2.5 days, watched all 10 episodes. It was so good I now want to buy a set for myself. I have nothing but the deepest of respect for the men of Easy Company. They are the real deal. The true heroes. And most of them were not even twenty when they arrived in Europe.

My other purchase, 'Marie Antoinette' was something I've been eyeing at but never got round to buying. Coincidentally, Sophia Coppola has a new movie out now based on the same book with Kirsten Dunst in the lead role. I hope to watch it when it's released here. I've always been fascinated by Marie Antoinette and was thrilled to bits when my husband took me to Versailles for our 5th wedding anniversary. To be in the actual palace, walking the same marble floors, admiring the same scenery as she would've centuries ago was overwhelming. The visit to Versailles was our second stop of our anniversary trip. The main one was The Louvre where we conducted our own The Da Vinci Code tour. My husband and I had read the book (then all the rage or outrage, depending on which side of the fence you were on) and thought it would be fun to track down the places mentioned in Paris itself.

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 8:42 am

4 calories
Comments:
I have BOB but never get the time to watch them, maybe I should do it during my confinement : )
 
Karen, you must watch it! I had my afghan with me but never made a single stitch the whole time I was watching.
 
NOooo! you did NOT do the da vinci tour!!!! unbelievable! i loved the book but the movie was tres crap.
 
Rosie, we did. It was a blast. We took our copy of the book and went through everything featured in Paris leg of the story. We even took special note of the parquet flooring at the Louvre.

Earlier this year, we went to Rome and did a DIY mini 'Angels & Demons' tour. Have you read that? It's also by Dan Brown.
 
Post a Comment