Photobucket

Roasted Peking Duck


Monday, May 14, 2007



This was done last week but I just didn't have the time to make an entry.

I love duck meat in every manifestation or form. You name it, duck in orange sauce, duck salad, peking duck, roast duck rice, duck pate, lor ark ( Teochew braised duck), duck soup with kiam chye (salted mustard greens)... I've eaten it and if I haven't, I will.

Anyway, I would have liked to say that I made this particular dish from scratch. But I can't. Not that I don't want to go through the whole arduous process which takes overnight or so - I do - but what do I do with one whole duck when it's just me doing the eating? No, this is a frozen, neatly filleted and marinated duck from the asian store. All I had to do was thaw it, add a couple of more spices and stick it in the oven. An hour later, out comes Peking duck in a more managable portion, namely, for one.

Lekker!

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 10:51 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment