Photobucket

100% Sugar


Friday, September 07, 2007


Oh look! Gordan our garden gnome made some candy and brought a plate round to share:



*****


Okay, so that's not what really happened.

Here's the not so fancy version: I bought these from a confectioner in the town centre last Wednesday right after Sonny-boy's visit to the dentist. I'm incorrigible. Poor boy's just had two gaping holes fixed and mum's already bringing him to the sweet shop faster than you can say 'flouride toothpaste'.

So, back to the confectionery. No gnomes, fairies or elves there. Nary a pixie in sight. Instead, a super friendly lady runs things. She's always smiling whenever we visit. I suspect she's perpetually high on the aroma of chocolates, truffles, fudges and various assortment of sweets she's surrounded herself with. Talk about job hazards. Oi.

I gave Sonny-boy a small plastic tray and a metal tong and told him he could knock himself out with five pieces of three varieties each. I also reminded him that mum can count so please don't even try to sneak in extras. For my private tea-time stash, I bought some chewy coconut squares and white chocolate stawberry flavoured truffles.


Pretty and dainty enough for fairies with the nibbles.

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 5:01 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment