Photobucket

Do-It-In-Your-Sleep Chorizo Omelette


Tuesday, September 04, 2007



Late Sunday night, Hubs suddenly had a case of the munchies. He'd skipped dinner earlier (his fault) because of all the snacks and finger food I'd plied on the coffee table during the afternoon (my fault). You see, we were having our customary lazy family Sunday. I was doing my needlework while the two men were having a go at the Tiger Woods Golf Wii thingy. This lasted all morning and stretched into the late afternoon. Being the concerned wife and mother who didn't want her men to keel over with hunger, I put plates of various cured sausages, little salmon bagel sandwiches, toasts and paté out at regular intervals.

Of course Hubs wouldn't want dinner. Sonny-boy did though. He has a bottomless pit for a tummy.

Anyway, I lifted my usual " the kitchen is closed after 8pm; you are on your own thereafter" rule. I poked around the refridgerator to see what I could dish up. After considering the options, I decided a big fat omelette was the way to go.

It's really easy, one can even do it in one's sleep.

*****

Do-It-In-Your-Sleep Chorizo Omelette



You need:

- Eggs ( I used 3 because that was what I had left)
- chorizo; skinned and diced
- green pepper; diced
- red pepper; diced
- yellow pepper; diced
- onion; thinly sliced
- a few flat parsley leaves; stems removed
- salt and pepper to taste

You do:

  1. In a bowl, crack eggs and beat lightly. Season with salt and pepper.

  2. Using medium flame, heat up 2 tbs of olive oil in a fying pan.

  3. Add in diced peppers and sliced onion. Stir fry until onion is translucent.

  4. Add in chorizo. While frying, the chorizo will start to emit its natural oils and spices, make sure this coats the peppers and onion. Fry for about 1 minute.

  5. With your spatula, spread out the chorizo, peppers and onion evenly. Pour beaten eggs over it.

  6. When it is half set, scatter parsley leaves over it. Cover the frying pan with lid and lower flame. Continue cooking until omelette is completely set.

  7. Serve hot with slices of toast or crusty bread.

Note: There's no specific amount of each ingredient used in this recipe. You can add as much or as little as you wish. Me, I had a handful of everything and used one small onion.


Hubs' verdict: Eggs-cellent! Better than Mama! *


* Hubs was alluding to Cooking Mama, the Wii game I'm currently enamoured with. Bah!

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 4:14 am

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment