Photobucket

Grilled Salmon Filet On Witloaf With Tarragon Hollandaise


Sunday, September 30, 2007



What a mouthful of a title!

This was done last Wednesday but I've been busy with this and that to write about it. Well, here I am now with a few minutes to spare so it'll have to be a quickie.

As a rule, Hubs and I never order salmon when eating out. You see, eight out of ten times, the salmon comes to us cremated and very dry on the inside. I have a better experience gnawing at cardboard. Even the finer restaurants are guilty of this. The weird thing is, it only happens to salmon, never to the other fish like sole, dory, snapper, nile perch etc. One of the mysteries of life I suppose.


So, when we feel like a bit of salmon, I do it at home. In this instance, I bought a lovely thick chunk of salmon filet with its skin intact and sliced it into four pieces. I then marinated it with nothing more than sea salt, a bit of pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. While it was absorbing the seasoning merrily, I prepared the witloaf (Dutch for endive) and set it aside. Next I heated up some lemon flavoured olive oil on a griddle (grill pan) and cooked the filet, searing the skin first and then working my way around it. When the fish was just about done, I removed it and placed it on the waiting bed of witloaf and tarragon hollandaise sauce (done while waiting for the fish to cook). To finish off, I drizzle more sauce at the sides and voila, dinner is served.

Not pictured here are the sides of brussel sprouts and herbed garlic bread which I made to accompany the main dish. The salmon was succulent and soft, to the point of flesh falling off the crispy skin effortlessly - just the way we like it.

Lekker!

Labels: ,



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 12:18 pm

3 calories
Comments:
Wow, looks very good. I love salmon.
 
That's one delicious-looking salmon and what a coincidence, we had salmon too! As I'm sick, hubby cooked lunch the other day and he did a grilled salmon skewer accompanied by green beans fried with bacon bits. He's a good cook so it was a treat!
 
It's always nice when hubby cooks for you isn't it? It can be a plain sandwich but somehow it just tastes extra delicious.
 
Post a Comment