Photobucket

Mint Tea


Wednesday, October 18, 2006



Mint tea is one of my favourite tea combination ever. I'm a tea addict and just to prove it, my mint tea doesn't come out of a tea bag. I brew it with fresh mint leaves.


I've got a special recipe taught to me by a Morrocan friend which I've tweaked to suit my palatte. Here's what I do: I put in 2 teaspoons of fine Chinese gunpowder tea leaves into a tea filter bag or metal filter. Then I tear some mint leaves (to release the flavour) into smaller pieces and stick it into the teapot. Lastly, I pour boiling hot water into the pot, add in some honey and let it do its magic.


This results in a very calming tea which leaves a fresh after-taste in the mouth. I normally have my teapot on a burner and sip at it throughout the day. Just for that little bit of luxury, you know. And as an added bonus, the aroma from the tea is strong enough to permeate throughout the living room, giving it a minty scent. Lekker!

Note to self: Got to get me a tripod thingamajig. The first photo took something like 10 tries to get it right and I was quite dizzy from all the bending over.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 2:50 pm

0 calories
Comments: Post a Comment