Photobucket

Christmas Fruitcake


Thursday, November 09, 2006


This year, I thought I'd give a home-made fruitcake a try. I know I can buy one off the shelf but out of vanity and curiosity, I've decided to make one of my own. My assorted dried fruit has been sitting in the cellar for the last 2 weeks soaking up a good amount of premium rum. I used Bacardi Black, again, pilfered from the husband's stash.

So, after typing this, I'm going to get down to it. The recipe also calls for the cake to be aged for a month, basting regularly with rum or brandy. I hope it turns out fine. If not, I'm counting on the alcohol to mask any culinary mistakes. Yes, I'm going to stun them with the rum.

Labels:



The Dutchess of Cookalot whipped this up at 5:28 am

4 calories
Comments:
Ooohhh, the start of your Christmas baking? :p
 
Yup! I thought I'd start with this first since it needs time to mature. Then I'll work my way down to the usual cookies and what nots.
 
went PH yesterday with Lee Lee to replenish some of our baking stuffs. Bought 4 blks of butter, a pkt of milac cream, whipped topping cream etc.... have to practice making x'mas log cakes soon *lol* Joyce, making any logcake this year?
 
Jestina,
I might do a log cake - I have to see what the in-laws are doing for this year's Christmas get-together first. I can't make one for my family because my 2 men don't like cake.
 
Post a Comment